Thursday, December 8, 2011

Raymond Carver

Page thirteen,
     Big fish downstream.

"Get him on the bank someway, I dont care how."
"Oh shit, look at him!"
"There's no place for him to go.
      See he stopped again.
      He knows its tough shit."
"He's scared shitless."
"Get a hold of him and hang on."

"I wish I had my gun, that would take care of him."

Page fifteen, sixteen, and eighteen:
Throwing him out of the water, both of us falling
Out of the bank.
I held against my shirt, him flopping and
Twisting.

"We got him! We got him, by God!"
"Look at him! Oh God. Let me hold him."

"I want to show him to my dad so bad."
    I could have taken him if it came to that.

"I don't care, they're both the same right? I'll take
   That half."
"Whose knife did we use?"
   "I don't want the tail."

*Text from Raymond Carver, Nobody Said Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment